Sunday, March 17, 2019

Brushy Creek - St. Patrick's Day

Today, for St. Patrick's Day, we played Brushy Creek (aka Cat Hollow) in Round Rock Texas.  Today's players were:  Steve, Lif, Dave, Bob, Keith, Brian (yes Brian) and Heady.  Temperatures were in the upper 40's when we started, partly cloudy skies and calm winds. Course conditions were good, as they always are at this course.  They do a real good job of maintaining this this course.  There were several other groups on the course today.

I regressed a little bit from my play from the past couple of weeks.  I could not get it going today.  My drives were not that long or straight, my approaches were off, and I missed a couple of putts.  I love this course but I have not mastered it.  Accuracy is what counts on this course and I did not have that today.  Keith had an exceptional round today.  His drives were long and straight, his approach shots were close enough and he made several long putts of 25' or more.  He did not record a bogey.

Only five birdies were made today:  Keith(2), Steve(2) and Bob(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.


Keith starts us off!

Brian flicking down the tunnel on #2

Keith with a nice putt for par on #2

Standing around #3

Dave strikes a pose!

Nice day for some DG!

Heady with a long putt attempt on #3

Steve driving on #4
Dave sinks his putt

Keith down the middle

Bob took an alternate approach

Down the hill on #11

Dave with a power drive

Keith with a birdie on #14

Back to back birdies for Keith.  Lif with the assist

Dave down the tunnel

Lif putting with style

Keith with another long putt for par on #17

Steve driving on #18

Lif from the brush

Keith finishes it up with a par on #18

Official scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment