Sunday, January 5, 2014

Zilker Part - Cold and Windy

A cold front blew in this morning bringing cold and windy conditions today.  The temperature when we started was 39 degrees and winds were blowing in from the north at 20 mile per hour, with gusts over 30.  Not exactly ideal conditions for disc golf.  We can't seem to catch a break with the weather on Sundays. Today's group consisted of Dave, Bob, Keith, Steve, Mark and myself.  Lif is still on the disabled list.

I did not have one of my better rounds today.  Several times I three putted because of the wind.  A missed ten foot putt would blow over and become a twenty foot putt.  Anything further than ten feet was not an easy putt.  I was pleased with some of my drives, it was the approach shots and putting that killed me.  Between the layers of clothes, the wind and my fingers being numb I had a hard time putting the biscuit in the basket.

Mark had some really good throws today, the wind did not affect him.  He almost made an ace on number 9 with a beautiful flick drive.  He has a great, effortless flick, just using the wrist.  Only one birdie today, Steve on number 9.  We all had chances at birdies but the wind made it all but impossible.  Several times we went from birdie to bogie.  No discs lost, no discs found.

Keith start us off on #1

Bob driving on #2

Blyat!

Waiting to drive on #4

Dave in motion

Group shot

Mark with a putt attempt

Heady sending it for a ride

Dave driving and smoking

Mark drives while Keith shivers

Steve driving on #9

Keith reaching back

Mark with good form

Bob lining up his approach

Dave laying up

Bob driving

Mark with an approach

Keith putting on #18

Official Scorecard by the Bob Accounting Firm

No comments:

Post a Comment