Monday, January 27, 2014

Roy G. Guerrero

We were fortunate to have pleasant weather today due to a favorable oscillation of the polar vortex.  Temperatures were a little cool when we started but warmed up to the mid 70's by the time we finished.  Winds were light but did pick up a little towards the end of the round.  Sunshine was abundant.  All good conditions to play Roy G., which is a tough course even when the weather is good.  Today we had a large group:  Steve, Keith, Lif, Parker, MikeB, Bob, Derek and myself.  Lif was a little late showing up, see the photo below for the explanation.

Today's scores were not very impressive, although Burko did show a lot of improvement since the last time we played.  This course can humble you.  Make your pars when you can on the shorter holes and hope for a bogey on the long holes with lots of trees. There were some very impressive shots today, Lif make a very long putt for par on #1 but Bob had the shot(s) of the day.  Bob threw it in from over 100 feet on #8 to score a birdie and made a very tough throw around a tree to make par on #10.  Overall the group had four birdies:  Steve (2), Bob (1) and Parker (1).  Steve had some very impressive drives this week.

As for myself, I did about as well as last time.  My drives were not going as far I have been throwing lately and my setup shots were inconsistent.  I had several terrible fairway throws that went about 50 feet.  I was over thinking my shots instead of just letting my muscle memory take over.  At least my putting was not giving me trouble as it has the past few outings.  The scorecard has me down for three pars but I made a bogie on #17.

No discs lost and no discs found.

Lif was going a little too fast on Riverside Drive!

Burko, Keith, Lif, Bob, Steve, Parker and Derek

Heady starts us off!

Keith on #1

Rob driving on #2, a decent drive.

Derek giving it a ride

Watching Derek's fairway shot

Mike Burko on #3

Parker had his flick working

Steve with a power drive

Derek on the fairway on #7

Parker flicking on #7

Parker's drive on #8

Lif winging it on #8

Parker with his birdie putt on #8

Steve drilling his putt

Keith and Lif take a little break

Heady driving on long #11

Bob on the fairway

New signage on #12

Burko driving

Keith with full extension!

Burko grip it and rip it!

Parker's flicks had some distance today!

Walking down the fairway of life

Bob reaching back for full power

Rob with a drive

Steve winding up

Crossing the little creek

Lif with a par putt on #16

Nice grouping on #17

Official Scorecard, data collected by Lif, compiled by the Bob Accounting Firm




No comments:

Post a Comment