Monday, January 20, 2014

Circle C

We were blessed with good weather today at the Circle C; however, we were cursed by the gods of putting.  The good news was that Lif made his return from the disable list.  The time off did not seem to hurt his game too much.  The players today were:  Lif, Dave, Steve, Keith, Mike, Bob and myself.  Cool temperatures, calm winds, dry grounds and abundant sunshine.  You can't ask for better conditions for playing.  If only I could putt.

Keith and I did some practice putting before we started and we were both nailing them!  I guessed we used up all of our good putts during practice because we sucked after that.  At least eight times I missed easy putts by bouncing them off the basket or clanking them off the ring.  I missed at least four birdie shots.  Keith was having similar issues with his putting.  Lif had some good putts today, a very long on one #8 to save par.  I suspect he's been practicing while on the DL.

Only four birdies today:  Steve (2), Dave (1) and Keith (1).  Steve birdied #11 after a very impressive second shot.  No discs lost, on disc found by Keith, something blue...

Keith and I using up all of our good putts.

Standing and stretching on the first tee

Keith start us off on #1

Lif with his long putt on #8

Me driving on #9

Lif with an approach

Bob going for birdie

Heady throwing uphill on #10

Keith did make one nice putt!

Blyat!

Me, before my best throw of the day.  Third shot on #11, about 250 from the basket.

My throw went straight and long, thru the 'V' branches on an oak tree.  Ten feet from the pin.

Steve with his birdie on #11.  My disc is next to the basket.  How could have I missed that putt!

Burko driving on #12

Big Dave reaching back

Steve ready to let it rip

There was still water in the creek.  Keith and Bob took the low road.

The rest of us took the high road.

Steve on #14

Lif's flick is still working.

Keith's approach on #14

Lif's approach with style points

Big Dave trying to anhyzer it on #15

Dave on the fairway on #16

Mike driving on #17

Bob putting on #17

Me with a crappy throw on #18

Burko, smokin'

Dave with authority

Fording the stream

Bob putting on #18

Official Scorecard, data collected by Keith, verified by the Bob Accounting Firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment