Monday, December 9, 2013

Cold Day in Austin

Steve and Dave played Roy G. on Sunday.  The rest of us were to wimpy to brave the cold.  Steve reported:  The weather was not bad.  No wind and it started out at 32 degrees.  We both had some good putts, Steve had 1 birdie and there was only a couple of people out.  When when we were leaving people started showing up.  (about 11:00 am). Tragedy occurred to my Orion driver disc I use all the time, it was almost split in half after a collision with a tree.  Final score for the day was +20 for Dave and +10 for me. The layers of clothes probably had something to do with it.

Dave reported:  A brisk round today at Roy G. for Steve and  Dave.   Dry and no wind led to good throws and a good time for all.  They have really cleaned out the brush and bushes - I literally did not recognize hole #6.  1 Birdie (Steve), 0 discs lost, 0 discs found, and as we all predicted: Steve + cold + tree = 1 disc broken.

I played nine holes at the Church in the afternoon, after it warmed up to 45 degrees.  I wanted to try out the Champion Monarch Distance Driver I found last week in the dirty water at MetCenter.  I rediscovered my driving technique and had some really good drives with that disc, almost Combsian distances.  My drive on the third hole went past the big oak tree, it would have gone further but it hit one of the lower branches.
After I got home Keith called and wanted to play a quick round at Zilker.  I would have loved to but had other plans with the wife.

Steve's Orion Driver.



No comments:

Post a Comment