Sunday, January 29, 2023

Circle C - Caught in the Rain

Thy sky was threatening this morning but we decided to take a chance and play Circle C anyway.  Today's players were:  Steve, Dave, Lif and Heady.  The temperatures were in the upper 60's, skies were mostly cloudy and there was no wind.  Rain was in the forecast and we caught some steady rain starting at hole 7 and it ended around hole 15.  At least it was not cold.  Course conditions were muddy and slick.  You have to watch your footing on the limestone.  There were a few other fools on the course.

Again, not a good round for Mr. Heady.  I could not keep it all together.  I started with some great approach shots but lousy drives.  I made most of my putts.  I kept hyzering my drives into the rough or throwing way to low.  Wet discs and poor footing did not help.  My best drive, on hole 8, went 60 feet past the basket and over the cliff.  I ended up with a double bogey.  I did make par on the difficult hole 5.  If I had just made par (or birdie) on the easy holes my score would have been respectable.   

Dave hit a long putt to make birdie on #2.  Steve was robbed of a birdie on #15, his long putt thru the trees passed thru the chains.  We managed to record an All-Star triple bogey on #18.

A total of four birdies were made:  Steve(2), Dave(1) and Lif(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.


Big Dave starts us off!

Actually saw a little sun when we started





Lif nails his par

Walking in the rain

It was a little sloppy

Steve with some tricky footing





Dave's approach on #18

Steve with a long putt attempt on #18

Official Scorecard


No comments:

Post a Comment