Sunday, July 11, 2021

Steeplechase Park - Kyle

We met up at 8:00AM at Macho Tacos in Manchaca for a filling breakfast then drove down to Kyle to play the Steeplechase course.  Today's players were:  Steve, Lif, Dave, Keith, Chris, Darden and Heady.  It was an overcast day, temperatures were in the 80s, the humidity was in the 90s.  There was no wind at all.  Course conditions were a bit thick and muddy in places, probably from all the rain we've had the past few weeks.  There were only a few other players on the course.

I was able to play without pain in my shoulder, but it was always in the back of my mind.  I never really let loose on my drives but was able to get some decent distance.  My putting was still horrible, I missed six really easy putts.  I just could not control my arm.  I was able make some putts on the back nine after I had warmed up.  Keith is improving every week.  He had a couple of outstanding drives today, just like his old self.  Still he lost power and his grip periodically throughout the round.  Darden was a birdie machine.  He made seven birdies and many of those were not cheap.  He just missed getting a couple more.

A total of seventeen birdies were made:  Darden(7), Steve(4), Lif(2), Chris(2), Dave(1), Keith(1) and Heady(0).  I had a good chance on #12 but choked my putt.  Two discs lost in the murky creek, one disc found in the murky creek.

Breakfast at Macho Tacos in Manchaca

Land Shark

Lif starts us off!


Dave's approach on #1









Refreshment break


We crossed this creek about four times


How's the fishing Lif?




Lif with an interesting follow thru

Dave from the jungle

Keith putting on #18
Official Scorecard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment