Thursday, March 26, 2020

Westside Park - Marble Falls

I took a day off work to play the Westside Park in Mable Falls with Chris.  It was a beautiful spring day in Central Texas with temperatures in the 70's, partly cloudy skies and a good breeze from the south.  We were worried the park might have been closed because of a 'shelter in place' order for Burnet County.  Course conditions were good, the grass was a little high but someone was mowing it.  We were the only players on the course.

This is a fun course to play, there are a lot of different elements that are encountered.  Some open bomber holes and tight tunnel shots.  Water comes into play on several holes as do changes in elevation.  The holes aren't that long but they are fair.  It is easy to get into trouble if you go into the woods.  I really like the way they redesigned holes #17 and #18. 

I played alright for the front nine but fell off toward the end.  I was satisfied with my drives but my approach shots were a little off, leaving me with some putts outside my comfort zone.  I made pretty much all of my putts except one where the wind was a problem. 

Only one birdie today and that was by Chris.  He got some nice tree love on #4 that put him next to the basket.  No discs lost and no discs found.

Afterwards, on the way home, we stopped for BBQ at Opie's in Spicewood!

Chris starting off.




Chris with a birdie on #4

Signature hole on the course





Bluebonnets were out

Don't fall

Tee pad on #18 is new.  I like!

Official Scorecard

No comments:

Post a Comment