Sunday, March 15, 2020

East Metro Park - Beware The Ides of March


We went east today to play the East Metro Park in Manor.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Bob, Lif, Dave, Chris and Heady.  It was a little chilly with temperatures around 60 degrees.  Because of the cloudy skies and north breeze it did not warm up at all.  We even got sprinkled on a few times.  Course conditions were good, everything greened up and is blooming.  There were a few other groups on the course.

This course is very unforgiving, one bad throw leads to another.  I made way too many stupid mistakes today.  I had some good throws and then would follow them up with something terrible.  I blaming it on my cold, wet hands.  I missed a few putts but always made my follow-up anger putts.  Most of my pars were because of outstanding (or lucky) throws after a lousy drive.  Everyone had problems with the rough.  Almost everyone had at least one disaster hole.  Bob had some very nice approach shots today and Chris is really getting some distance on his flicks.

Only four birdies were made today:  Steve(2), Keith(1) and Bob(1).  No discs lost, thankfully.  Two discs found, both by Lif.


Steve starts us off

Missing my putt on #1.  How my day went.

Chris putting on #3

Lif with power on #5

The #6 fairway.  Zen shots are mandatory.

Lif with some body English

My second shot on #6.  Very delicate throw.

Chris driving on #7

Dave makes his long putt on #7

We almost lost Steve's disc in the grass

Chris from creek

Steve on #9

The bluebonnets are blooming

Walking to #10

Bob putting on #10. 

Keith gets his disc out of the moat on #10

Bob's approach on #12.  Chris protecting what's important!

Dave by the Love Shack on #15

Dave in the fairway on #17

Steve approach

Lots of searching the rough today

Dave's approach on #18

Keith finishes with a birdie!

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment