Sunday, August 5, 2018

East Metro Park (Manor)



We proved today that you can play Manor in August, it does help if you stay in the fairways.  Today's players were:  Steve, Mark, Dave, Keith, Lif, Donald and Heady.  Temperatures were in the70's when we started a 8:30 and around 90 when we finished at 11:45.  Skies were partly cloudy and a refreshing breeze blew through once in a while.  Course conditions were very dry and we did not see any other players on the course.

We have always been reluctant to play this course in the summer, the rough is punishing with countless varieties of thorny plants.  It has been so dry that the rough, while still thorny, was not too bad.  We did encounter a couple of park employees who were out looking for rattlesnakes.

I did not feel like I played that well today, but I did end up with a decent score.  I think I only had about four drives that I was satisfied with.  My approach shots are what saved me today and I was not forced to make any long putts.  I did miss a fairly easy putt on #2 and hole #18 was a disaster for me.  Mark played below his average but he was fatigued from playing every day this week with Steve.

A total of eight birdies were made today:  Steve(2), Donald(2), Keith(1), Lif(1), Mark(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.

Donald starts us off!

Steve's second shot on #1

Lif with a lack of concentration

Keith's approach on #3

Donald is in a ditch

Lif with an audience on #7

This was really weird.  We found this exact same player's card at Roy G. back on May 20th.

Mark driving on the long #8

We saw several large spiders today.  Almost walked into a few of them

Keith on the #12

Mark with a tunnel shot

Vintage Lif

Dave putting on #14

Dave by the old homestead


Keith on the #17 fairway

Mark's approach on #17

Steve with a long putt  attempt

Lif out on #18 fairway

Keith's approach on #18

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.
d.

No comments:

Post a Comment