Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Church on Sunday

Today we stayed close and played the Austin Ridge Bible Church.  This is a very unforgiving course, with rugged terrain and tight fairways.  Today's players were:  Steve, Lif, Bob, Dave and Heady.  Temperatures were in the 80's, sunny skies and a cool breeze.  Course conditions were dry and a little overgrown in places.  We saw two other groups on the course.  Thank you Steve for bringing breakfast,  a Macho Taco is needed before taking on this course.

I was not happy with my game today, I kept hyzering my drives and I wound up in the rough far too often.  When I did throw one straight it didn't have the distance that I've been getting in the past few weeks.  My approach shots were a little off.  My putting was decent, I only missed one putt.   Bob had a great drive on #17 and had a pretty easy birdie.  Not easy to do on that hole.

Only four birdies were made today:  Heady(1), Steve(1), Bob(1), and Lif(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.

Steve starts us off!

Bob throws across the canyon

Lif from the edge

I threw this disc a little too low

Steve's second shot on #3

Bob driving on #5

Dave's approach on #10

Lif's approach on #11.  Watch out for that branch!

Rob driving over the trees on #12

Walking down the rugged #12 fairway

Welcome to the jungle

Lif driving on #13

Rob's second shot on #14

Steve makes par on #14, so did Bob

Bob driving on #15

Dave on #17

Heady flicking on #17

Lif with a birdie drive

Heady finishes it up

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment