Sunday, April 15, 2018

Williamson County

We took a trip up north today to play the Williamson County Disc Golf Course in Leander.  Today's players were:  Steve, Dave, Lif, Bob, Brian, DD and Heady.  It was a little chilly when we started, with temperatures in the 40's and a stiff breeze.  At least the sun was shining and it warmed up to the 60's by the time we finished.  Course conditions were excellent, the grass was green and mowed and I did not see any trash at all.  There were only a few other groups on the course today.

I played about average for this course, somehow I came in first, I think everybody else must have played way below their averages.  My drives were pretty good and my approach shots were spot on.  I really did not miss any putts that I normally make.  I did miss a couple that were just outside my comfort zone.  Lif had some problems with his putting but he made up for it with a 70 shot for par on #15.  We all had problems with the wind and the trees.

Only four birdies were made today:  DD(2), Steve(1) and Brian(1).  Two discs found and one disc lost, Bob left one somewhere on the fairway.

Before the start, waiting for DD to arrive

Heady starts us off

Bob with an approach on #1

Brian with a flick drive on #3

Big Dave contends with the trees

Lif hits the chains

Brian driving on #8

Bob with a fine drive

Large snakeskin in the rough

Rob pitching from the rough

Steve with a fairway throw on #9

Lif with a birdie attempt on #10

DD with his first birdie of the day on #12

Steve driving on #14

Lif makes his putt

Heady with a drive on #15

DD driving on #16

Brian keeping it below the wind

Dave's putt skipped off the top

Lif nails a putt

Walking to #17.  Really nice day for DG

Rob with a long drive on #17. 

Dave driving on #18

Steve with a birdie on #18

DD finishes with a tap in birdie.  Nice drive.

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve. Compiled by Rob.



No comments:

Post a Comment