Monday, April 16, 2018

Westside Park, Marble Falls - Birthday Solo Round

I took the day off of work to celebrate my birthday and play a round of disc golf at a new course.  I played the Westside Park in Marble Falls.  This course is only 35 minutes from my house, which makes it closer than Wilco and North Town.  This was a 9 hole course but was recently updated to include 18 holes.  The weather was perfect today, sunny skies, 80 degrees and a little breezy at times.  Most of the holes are protected from the wind.

Oh my, what a gem of a course!   I really liked it a lot.  It has everything, elevation changes, water is in play, railroad trestles, technical shots, tight tunnel shots and wide open bombing throws.  The tee pads are nice sized concrete pads, very good signage and disk catcher baskets.  It was a very clean course, I did not see any trash at all.

Holes 1-3 and 16-18 are pretty open throws.  The other holes are all very technical but also very scenic.  Most of the holes are fairly short.  I did not keep score but I think I wound up about two over par with three birdies.  I will play this again.

Westside Park Map

Basket is under the big tree


Pretty wide open.  First shot goes around the trees


Good sharp flick


The walk between 3 and 4

The basket is hidden behind the big tree


Straight shot


Elevated tee pad.  Basket is across the creek


Big hyzer throw


Big flick throw

Long tunnel

Short flick. 

Long walk to 11


Very technical shot


Lazy flick

Short but behind the trees

Long flick

Wide open.  Pecan trees are just leafing.

Second shot went 30 feet past the basket.  Too windy for a birdie

Basket is along the tree line


No comments:

Post a Comment