Sunday, February 15, 2015

Roy G. Guerrero

We went from playing the easiest course in Austin yesterday to playing the most difficult one today.  Roy G. is a beast and a challenge.  Very long holes (although no par fives) and lots and lots of trees.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Bob and Heady.  Skies were overcast, temperatures in the upper 60's and light breezes.  Course conditions were good and only a couple of other players were on the course.  Bob discovered a transient camp behind the bamboo near the #5 tee pad.

I had a pretty average day for Roy G., I did well on the front nine and fell apart on the back nine.  I somehow managed to par the long #5 today.  Three good, long throws without hitting a tree and a twenty foot putt.  I don't think I've ever made less than a six on that hole before.  Steve had the shot of the day with a 70 foot birdie putt on #3.  The only birdie of the day.  Overall, Steve had an impressive round with pars on #1, #7, #11 and #18.  All of these are very difficult par 4's, they would be par 5's on any other course.

Steve starts us off!

Steve with a birdie attempt on #2.  Very nice drive

Me putting




Steve with some body English

Keith watching his putt go in



Steve with an approach on #8

I actually made this putt.

Steve leans into it


Mother of all ant mounds


Missed my par, dammit

If mulligans were allowed on putts my score would be much lower!



Bob in B&W


Crossing the creek

Steve lays up on #17

Keith drills it on #18

Official scorecard, recorded by Steve, compiled by Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment