Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Austin Ridge Bible Church

In honor of Christmas, Steve, Dave and I played a quick round today at the Austin Ridge Bible Church.  Even though this course is only five minutes away I have not played it since before Thanksgiving.  It's either been raining or I've been dealing with tendonitis in my forearm.  It was cold when we started, about 48 degrees.  The wind was blowing strong from the north but at least the sun was shining.  The brush on the course has really been cleaned up, it looks very nice.  No one else was out there when we started.

The wind really messed up our game.  Driving was unpredictable, approach shots went awry and putting was a challenge.  Steve popped off a few very long drives.  Some of the longest ones I've ever seen him throw.  Must be those Macho Tacos.  When the wind was not blowing I did manage some decent shots.

No birdies were made by the group today, I only had four pars.  No discs lost, one disc found, I found a Champion Sidewinder on #14 (actually closer to the tee pad on #13).

Steve on the tee pad on #5

Steve with a birdie attempt on #10

Dave's second shot on #13

The scores today were ugly!


No comments:

Post a Comment