Sunday, December 21, 2014

Northtown - One More Time

Keith, the birthday boy, wanted to play Northtown again and the rest of us wanted another crack at it as well.  The players today were:  Steve, Keith, Lif, Dave, Brian, Bob and Heady.  Good to have Bob back! Today is the first day of winter and it pretty much felt like it.  Temperatures were in the low 50's, cloudy skies but no wind.  The course was a little muddy from the past week's rains.  We even had a new water hazard on number 18 that was not there last week.  We pretty much had the course to ourselves, we only saw three other players the whole time.

I felt like I played much better than last week but my score only slightly improved.  I did feel more satisfied with my play today, I did not have very much pain in my forearm and it just felt more fun today.  I was throwing flicks most of the day and was getting pretty good distance on my throws.  If I could have avoided some trees my score would have improved by about five strokes.  Trees are part of the course and there are lots of trees on this course.

A total of seven birdies were made today, we all had one!  Three discs found a watery grave on number 12.

Steve on the first tee

Keith has a wide open shot

Lif flicking on #3.  No hazards like last week.

Rob driving down #7

Walking the fairway on #7

Keith retrieving his disc

Rob throwing it sideways between the trees (came close).

Dave putting, Lif with the body English

Brian with a three quarters flick

Lif with style on the fairway

Bob on the fairway, Keith looks like an elf in this picture

Big Dave with the mutton chops

Bob driving

Lif with a nice drive

Brian getting some distance

Bob with an approach

Steve driving across the water

Keith driving on #12

Rob with a follow thru move

Steve laying up

Steve laying up

Keith reaching back

Dave on #18

I thought this was an interesting photo

Brian near the new water hazard

Dave with an approach shot

Official scorecard, recorded by Steve, compiled the Bob Accounting Firm, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment