Sunday, March 26, 2023

MetCenter

 It was a beautiful spring morning for a round of disc golf at the MetCenter.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Darden, Mike and Heady.  Temperatures were in the upper 60's when we started, mostly cloudy skies and calm winds.  Course conditions were excellent and the course was not crowded.

I played about my average today, I'm not getting a lot of power but I kept it in the fairway most of the day.  Most of my approach shots were close enough and I did not miss any putts.  I even made a few putts that I usually miss.  Darden damn near had an ace on #10.  He threw a laser that bounced off the front of the basket, it needed to be about four inches higher.  Steve would have had two more birdies but one bounced off the chains and one off the rim.  Darden also had birdie attempt bounce off the chains.

There were five birdies today:  Steve(2), Darden(2) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and one disc found by Steve on #18, stuck in the mud.  A Sidewinder, just like my favorite disc that I split last week.  Steve was gracious and let me have it. 

Steve starts us off!

Keith on the #2 fairway



Dardens approach on #4


Lots of green today

Keith make face

Darden's birdie bounces out

Steve driving on #8

Steve on the wrong side of the creek

No doubt on this birdie!



Darden with a birdie on #10.  Almost an Ace!

Steve with a birdie on #11

Mike driving on #9


Keith doing some fishing

A patch of blue

A cardinal watching us drive

Keith putting by still waters

Steve's birdie attempt bounces off the chains


Steve finishes it up

Steve retrieving a found disc, a Sidewinder!

Official Score

 

No comments:

Post a Comment