Friday, March 17, 2023

Badu Park DGC, Llano

 I took a relaxing drive in the Hill Country today out to enjoy the bluebonnets.  I stopped by Cooper's BBQ in Llano and had delicious and filling lunch of brisket, sausage and all the sides  There is a short, nine-hole disc golf course, about a quarter of mile from Coopers called Badu Park.  I decided to play a postprandial round with my backup disc golf bag in my trunk.

This is family friendly course, set alongside the Llano River Lake with the longest hole being 229 feet.  It is almost entirely open, with only a few trees and boulders to throw around.  It featured concrete tee pads and DisCatcher baskets. I made par on every hole, I probably would have had a few birdies if I was not so stuffed from lunch.   While it was a sunny afternoon, temperatures were a bit cool, around 55 degrees and the wind was blowing about 15-20 mph.

This is not the kind of course I would go out of my way to play, but it was a good way to walk off a heavy lunch.














1 comment: