Sunday, August 7, 2022

East Metro Park - Manor

 We ventured east this week to play the East Metro Park in Manor, Texas.  Today's players were:  Steve, Dave, Lif, Chris, Keith and Heady.  Another warm day with temperatures in the upper 80's, partly cloudy skies and an light breeze.  Course conditions were good.  They did some improvements to the course, a new bridge was installed on hole #10 by the moat.  A prescribed burn cleared some of the underbrush and they removed several dead trees from the fairways.  We pretty much had the course to ourselves. 

I had a pretty good round today, my personal best for this course.  Mostly good drive and approaches.  My putts were spot on, I only missed one.  I stayed out of the rough for the most part.

There were eight birdies made:  Steve(4), Chris(2), Dave(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and one disc found by Chris.  One big rock in my bag!


Steve starts us off!

Keith with his initial drive

Lif gripping, Dave ripping

Lif reaching back for some power

Lif putting with style points

Lif in a ditch on #4


Dave powers it down the fairway on #7

Walking the #7 fairway

Keith make face

Therapy dog

Steve on #9

Lif putting from across the moat

Steve coming in

Walking to #12

Steve from the edge

Keith by the shack

Steve with a surprise birdie on #15

Looks like they've demolished the building

Lif driving on #16


Dave tagging a basket

Dave driving on #17

Walking the #18

Chris with a long putt

I'm a little teapot!

Thanks whoever put this rock in my bag! It's a beauty!

Official Score


No comments:

Post a Comment