Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ferry Park - Fort Walton Beach, Florida

 Chris and I played a round in Fort Walton Beach at the Ferry Park disc golf course.  We played a couple of days after hurricane Sally passed through.   There was still a considerable amount of water on the course and the ground was littered with leaves and broken branches.   This was fun course to play, every hole is a par 3, most holes are pretty technical.  The trees and lush vegetation give the course a unique character.  I really like the mix of palm trees and pine trees on the course.   Water does come into play, a small creek meanders throughout the course.  The course has concrete tee pads, good signage, Discatcher baskets and plenty of benches.  A few locals were on the course and were helpful in getting us started.

Chris and I did pretty well for the first time playing this course.  We were each a handful over par and we each had a birdie.  Chris was robbed on one putt, hitting the pole dead on and bouncing off and out of the basket.  I missed about four putts, three off the basket and one off the ring.  I came close to ace on #4, my drive skipped off the top the basket.  I missed my birdie :( 











Chris with a tap in birdie.  Awesome flick drive!


Big turtle









No comments:

Post a Comment