Sunday, August 25, 2019

Northtown DGC

A pfun day in Pflugerville at at the Northtown Disc Golf Course.   Today's players were:  Steve, Bob, Keith, Lif and Rob.  Temperatures were in the low 80's, mostly cloudy skies, no wind but very high humidity.  Course conditions were good,  a little muddy, which only added to the humidity.  The creeks were mostly dry and the ponds were at the lowest levels we've ever seen them.  There were lots of other players on the course playing a mini tournament. 

I played better than I thought I did, at least on the front nine.  My drives were straight and long and my approach shots were pretty good.  Putting killed me, I missed four easy putts, two for birdies.  Still, I scored better than I thought I played.  We all did pretty well today.

A total of 12 birdies were made:  Steve(4), Keith(2), Bob(2), Lif(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost, Lif found one in the mud on #12.

Heady starts us off!

Steve with a long putt on #1

Lif from the tall grass

Where did it go?

Lif trying for that ace on #8

On the #9 fairway

Rob trying to get through the trees

Bob's approach on #11.  Keith watching for snakes!

Steve with a close drive on #12

Lif losing a shoe in the mud on #12

Lif's approach on #14

Keith with a birdie attempt on #15

Keith gets his birdie on #18

Bob's scorecard

No comments:

Post a Comment