Sunday, August 18, 2019

Circle C - Hot Day With a Large Group

We started at  8:00 this morning at Circle C to beat the heat and the crowds.  Steve brought Macho Tacos which were delicious as always.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Lif, Mike, Dave, Bob and Heady.  Good to see Mike again.  Temperatures were in the low 80's when we started and in the low 90's when we finished.  Not a cloud in the sky and a pesky breeze would blow occasionally.  Course conditions were very dry.  There were several other groups and solo players on the course.  We let several play through.

We all had a pretty good round today, all of us scoring in the single digits.  Keith and I were even on the front nine and everyone else was only two over!

I guess taking a week off was good for me, I had a pretty good round, I think I tied my personal best for the course.  It did not feel like I was playing that well, I got some lucky rolls and some tree love.  On #2, #3 #7 an #8 I had some very good drives that I converted to birdies.  The relatively easy hole #4 was a disaster for me and I double bogeyed.  Keith had the drive of the day on #13, weaving his disc through the trees and rolling up to the basket.

A total of 13 birdies were made:  Heady(4), Keith(3), Bob(2), Mike(1), Steve(1), Dave(1) and Lif(1).  No disc lost, one disc found by Steve on #16.

Big Dave starts us off!

Keith with a birdie on #1

Keith with a birdie on #2

Mike driving on #5

Planning our attack

Steve split the fork in the tree with his drive on #6

Keith lining up his shot on #6

Me with a lucky birdie on #7

Waiting on the #8 fairway for the group we let play thru

Keith driving on #12

Steve with a power drive

Bob with a long putt on #12

Dave blasts one

Keith's best drive on this hole #13

Lif goes for a flick

Steve with a big smile

Keith with a tap in birdie on #13

Steve driving long on #15

Keith was robbed of a birdie on #15

Steve found another disc

Lif putting on #16.  Steve does a little dance!

Mike on #18

Bob driving on #18

Dave with an approach on #18

Keith finishes it up on #18

Bob's Scorecard

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment