Sunday, October 21, 2018

Flying Armadillo - Big Course

My alarm clock did not go off this morning and I woke up at 7:40.  The group was meeting and Macho Taco at 8:00!  I grabbed my bag and drove down to Manchaca and caught up with the group at Steve's house.  Thankfully, Steve brought me a couple of tacos.  Then we drove down to San Marcos to play the Flying Armadillo, it's been about six months since we've played there.  Today's players were:  Steve, Bob, Lif, Keith, Dave and Heady.  It was a little cool when we started, temperatures were in the upper 50's but it warmed up to the low 70's by the time we finished.  A cool breeze was blowing from the north.  It was good to see the sun again after all the rain we've had.   It was a little muddy in some spots, but other that course conditions were good.  There were several other large groups on the course enjoying the day.

We warmed up playing nine holes on the short course then we played the Big Course.  I had some good drives today but I did not capitalize on many of them.  My second shot would go into the rough and I would end up with a bogey.   Dave had the shot of the day with a 60 foot throw, through the trees, for a birdie on #15.  After we finished, Steve, Keith and I played the back nine of the short course.  Steve made an Ace on #16 with a straight throw.

A total of six birdies were made today:  Dave(2), Steve(1), Bob(1), Lif(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.


Keith aiming for the T-Rex

Bob says 'It's a beautiful day for disc golf!'

Bob going for Big Bird

Dave starts us off on the Big Course

Lif putting at the hanging basket




Dave's approach on #9 




Heady saves par on #15





Steve's Ace on the short course

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment