Sunday, July 1, 2018

Wilco - Hot Day - Lousy Play

We took a trip up north to play Williamson County Disc Golf Course.  We started out with some Macho Tacos and washing them down with some mimosas to celebrate Bob's engagement.  Today's players were:  Steve, Dave, Lif, Bob, Brian, Keith and Heady. Temperatures were in the upper 80's, a little breezy and the skies were hazy with African sand.  Course conditions were very dry.  There were a few other large groups on the course, Donald was playing in a group behind us.

Everyone had a bad day today.  We all had problems with the trees and the wind.  I started out poorly but picked it up a little in on the back nine.  I guess I was a little rusty.  My drives were all over the place, launched in the air or straight into the dirt.  I did manage to get some very nice throws on the back nine.  I missed two putts that I really should have made, one was for a birdie.

Only four birdies were made today:  Keith(2), Steve(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.


Dave opening up the champagne!

Dave starts us off!

Bob putting on #1

Steve with a birdie on #1

Keith with a birdie on #1

Brian driving on #3

Steve's approach on #3

Keith driving on #5
This is what I had to deal with today

Dave sinks a nice putt

Steve from the brush

Bob driving on #8

Dave getting his disc down

Keith driving on #13.  Bob is excited

Lif driving on #13

Dave on the #13 fairway

Steve on #16

Steve driving on #18

Dave finishing it up!

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment