Thursday, June 21, 2018

Westside Park - Summer Solstice

I took the day off from work today to play the Westside Park in Marble Falls.  I won't be able to play with the group on Sunday and I wanted to get in a round.  I got to the park around 10:00 in the morning and it was already in the middle 80's and very humid.  I was going to keep score but I bogeyed the first three holes and decided that it was not worth it.  My drive on #1 got stuck in a tree and I had a difficult time finding a rock to knock it out.    I think I only bogeyed two more holes and had a birdie along the way.  I was playing on less than three hours of sleep, so that might have had something to do with it.

I was not getting the distance on my drives like I was last Sunday but it was good enough.  The holes on this course are not especially long but they are fair.  Anyway, it was good to get a round in.  This is a very pretty course and it is only about 35 minutes from my house.

Signature hole on the course

Great basket placement

This is a challenging hole.  Not too long though

A resident of the course

You need a good flick to get close here

I pretty much had the course to myself

Hole #11

A couple of deer checking me out

This is a very technical course

This hole is good for lefty's

This is a short hole but it is guarded by trees

Lots of thin trees around this basket

On #16 it opens back up

No comments:

Post a Comment