Saturday, June 16, 2018

MetCenter DGC

Since it has been dry for a few weeks we decided to give the MetCenter a try.  Today's players were:  Steve, Bob, Lif, Dave and Heady.  Skies were partly cloudy, temperatures were in the 80's and there was an occasional breeze.  We did get sprinkled on for a few minutes but it was not an issue.  Course conditions were good, the driest I've ever seen it.  Even the little creek was mostly dry.  There were several other groups on the course.

Something got into me today and I was throwing some very nice drives.  On #3 I thought I going to end up in the pond.  I lost my drive for a few holes on the back nine but got it back on #18.   My approach shots and  putting was inconsistent.  I did make a couple of good putts but missed a couple of them too.  I made my anger shots.

There were eight birdies made today:  Heady(4), Steve(2) and Bob(2).  No discs lost but Steve found two while looking for his drive on #11.

Rob starts us off!

Steve with a birdie on #1

Dave with an approach

Heady with a birdie on #3

A young heron?

Steve with a birdie on #4

Garter snake feasting on minnows in a small puddle

Rob with a birdie on #7

Lif with a long birdie attempt.  Hit the chains

Lif putting on #9

The creek was mostly dry

Look at all those stickers.  Lif's threw a wild drive into it.

Look at all those stickers on Lif!

Bob driving on #10

Heady is in the ditch.  I got a little muddy.

Steve found a couple of JLS discs

Steve putting on #11

Rob putting on #11

Bob driving on #13

Rob with a tough putt

Lif driving on #15

Dave with his approach on #15

Lif makes par on #15

Heady with another birdie!

Birdie Bob!

A snake in the grass!

Lif driving on #18

Dave finishes it up!

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment