Monday, November 27, 2017

East Metro Park (Manor)

We ventured east on Sunday to play the East Metro Park in Manor.  I did not get a chance to play this course a few weeks ago and I was looking forward to playing is again.  We don't play this course in the summer because of the tremendous, thorny rough.  Today's players were:  Steve, Bob, Keith, Dave, Lif and Heady.  Temperatures were in the 50's when we started but quickly warmed up.  Skies were clear and there was not breeze.  Course conditions were good, it was a little muddy in places, which was strange because it has not rained in a month.

I played about average today, I got off to a slow start but did better on the back nine.  My drives were getting some distance today, my approach shots were a little off.  I made about half the putts that were just outside my comfort zone.  I managed to drop in a 55 foot putt on #9 to save par. 

A total of nine birdies were made:  Bob(3), Dave(2), Steve(2), Heady(1) and Keith(1).  One disc lost, Bob lost his #1 driver on #17.  Vanished into a time warp vortex.  We spent 20 minutes looking for it.   Two discs found, I found one on #17 looking for Bob's disc.  Steve found one laying in the open on #8.




Getting ready to start

Lif starts us off!

Me making my bogey putt.

Steve with a birdie on #2

Lif with an approach on #3

Steve fishing his disc out of the creek

Keith from the rough

Dave from the creek

Steve with a birdie on #5

Bob driving on #6

Dave gives it a ride

Rob with a birdie on #6

Walking the #8 fairway

Lif and Roscoe

Keith driving on #9

Crossing that bridge

Bob on #10 fairway

Dave from the moat

Rob makes a tough putt from the moat on #10

Lif driving on #11

Big Dave makes a long birdie putt on #11

Rob driving the tunnel

Dave with a 'Saturday Night Fever' follow thru!

Steve by the Love Shack

Keith driving on #16

Dave on #17

Steve with a long drive

Dave putting on #18

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment