Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Searight Park - Thanksgiving Eve

Dave and I had the day off today so we decided to play Mary Moore Searight Park in South Austin.  We don't often play this course because it is usually very crowded with large groups of rude players.  Also, this course is not particularly challenging and the holes are somewhat repetitive.  Today we just about had the course to ourselves.  The temperatures were in the low 70's, mostly cloudy skies and it was a little breezy at times.  The weather is supposed to suck the rest of the holiday weekend so it was good to get a game in while we could.

We both played about average today.  I had some problems with trees on a couple of holes and Dave had a putting adventure on #7.  Dave had a very nice drive on the downhill #15 for a pretty easy birdie.  My setup shots were pretty close and I don't remember missing any high percentage putts today.

A total of four birdies were made today:  Dave(3) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and no discs found. 

I stayed around and played another nine holes to get some practice in.  I tweaked my drive a little and suddenly I was getting a lot more distance.  Almost Combsian distances.  Hope I don't forget what I did.



Birdie attempt on #4

A putting adventure

Dave with a birdie on #11

Dave's 3rd birdie
Official Scorecard Recorded and Compiled by Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment