Sunday, November 15, 2015

Roy G. Guerrero

Four of us turned out today to play the Roy G. Guerrero Disc Golf Course in East Austin.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Dave and Heady.  Skies were overcast, temperatures were in the 60's and there was no wind to speak of.  Quite a few other groups were playing today but I wouldn't call it crowded.

This is a tough course requiring long and accurate throws.  Many of the holes are very long, longer than what is posted, and they all have trees.  I felt that I played alright today but my score does not really reflect that.  I snapped off a couple of good drives and avoided the trees for the most part.  I think I only missed one putt I felt that I should have made.  Both Dave and I had very long putts go in for par.  They were both from about 90 feet out.  Mine was on #2 and Dave's was on #10.

No birdies today, although Steve had a couple of chances.  No discs lost and no discs found.



The bridge is out!!

Steve starts us on #1

Dave driving on #1

Dave with a putt attempt on #1

Steve with a monster drive on #3

Steve's birdie putt comes up a little short

Keith found this hat on the #7 bench.  It reminded us of Berko!

Keith on the #7 fairway

Keith's first drive on #9

The mother of all ant mounds!

Steve with another birdie attempt

Walking to #16.  The creek was dry today

Dave with a long putt on #17

Dave putting on #18 to finish it.

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment