Saturday, March 30, 2013

Austin Ridge Bible Church

Today we played the Austin Ridge Bible Church.  Bob had never played it before so we thought he should experience it.  The course is very challenging and the terrain is difficult.  The weather was pleasant, mostly cloudy and not too much wind.  Steve and I played poker last night so we were both moving a little slow.  We had a small group today, Dave, Steve, Bob and myself.  Everybody else had other obligations.

Bob did very well for his first time.  He had a great drive on Bonus Hole B, overthrowing the basket.  We played all twenty holes and then Steve, Dave and Bob played them again.  I was running on fumes after staying up late the night before playing poker so I bailed out.  I did not have a good round, I made bogies (or worse) on the first six holes, missed a birdie on hole 7.  The only positive note for me was that I made par on Bonus Hole A and Bonus Hole B together for the first time.

Steve threw an amazing drive on hole 16, right down the middle 300+ feet.  Two birdies were made today on the first round, Steve's on 16 and me on 18.  I teed off on the amateur pad on 18, not wanting to risk losing my disc in the pond.  I had an easy shot on a birdie on hole 7 but missed my putt.  Steve had several shots for birdies today but each time he clanked off the iron.

I'm told the second round did include some notable throws.  Bob managed to make his obligatory long shot, around 70 ft, maybe a little more.  Big Dave had the shot of the day when he made a birdie from about half way down the fairway on the hole 16.  The distance was around  200 feet! It was perfect! I wish I could have seen that.

Putting practice before we started.
 
The basket on hole 3 is one of my favorites of any course.
Big Dave putting while Bob watches.

Bob driving uphill.  Bonus Hole A.
 
Bob driving downhill.  Bonus Hole B.
 
Steve on Bonus Hole A.
Steve watching his amazing drive on 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment