Friday, June 11, 2021

Galloway Hammond Rec Center - Burnet

 I took the day off work today to play the Galloway Hammond course in Burnet.  This course is located just south of town, behind the YMCA.   Temperatures were in the 80's, sunny skies and a decent breeze was blowing.  Course conditions were good, they just finished mowing.  I had the entire course to myself.

This is a pretty good little course.  Most of the holes are par 3's, only one par 4.  A good mix of open shots and technical throws.  There were elevation changes and water does come into play.  The front nine is pretty much open.  There are some trees to get around.  Many of the holes on the back nine run parallel to the creek with heavy rough on the the left side.  I started out well but somehow forgot how to throw during the back nine.  My putting was horrible.  

I only had one birdie but many of the holes are fairly short.  If I played this course a few time I am confident I could lower my score considerably.  One disc lost in the tall grass on #16.  My flick around the mando did not fade back an went deep into the rough.   After trampling around in the briar and nettles for 15 minutes I gave up.  




Denizen of the course

















Made a birdie here

Small grave yard by the #8 tee box


Unknown children graves













A very tight mando on #13





Kissed off a tree and hit the basket

Rough on the left took my disc





 

No comments:

Post a Comment