Sunday, January 17, 2021

North Town - Another Day in the Sun

 We played North Town this morning in beautiful Pflugerville.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Lif and Heady.  Keith brought his therapy dog, Wilbur, who was a great comfort.  Course conditions were good, much of the vegetation has died down from the recent freezes.  Some of the fairways were a little damp in places.  There were many other players on the course.

I played a little better than my average for this course.  I was getting some really long drives today, I don't know what got into me.  I started with two long throws on long #1 and had a outside chance at par.  On #16 I drove about 25 feet past the basket, when I want to hit a tree I never do.  I had a couple of disaster holes and choked on a few putts.  I did make a few putts that were well outside my comfort zone. 

A total of six birdies were made today:  Steve(2), Keith(2), Lif(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and one disc found.  Steve was able to retrieve a Champion Leopard from the pond on #12.


Keith advancing on the tee box.  Steve with Wilbur

Steve makes par on #3

Lif laying up

Keith putting on #4

Steve with a monster drive on #5

Taking a break

Me with a birdie on #8

Steve gets a birdie too

Lif launching on #9

Keith admiring his drive

Steve drive, full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing

Wilbur pulling Keith


Lif makes it across the dark pond

Keith just misses a birdie on #12

Keith pausing to take a cool drink of spring water

Keith with a birdie attempt on #13

Lif driving on #14

Keith with a sublime putt on #16

Steve driving on #18

Keith finishes with a birdie
Official Scorecard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment