Saturday, January 23, 2021

MetCenter - Saturday Round

Because the weather is forecast to be lousy on Sunday, we decided to play a Saturday round at the MetCenter. Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Lif, Darden, Chris and Heady.  Temperatures were in the 50's when we started, cloudy skies and only a slight breeze.  Course conditions were a little squishy in places, but that's normal for The Met.  There were lots of other players on the course but we never had to wait nor have anyone wait for us.

I seemed to have regressed this week.  I started out with with strong drives but later in round I was not getting any distance.  I lost my touch on my approach shots.  I had a putting adventure on #7.  Steve was throwing very long, straight drives consistently all day.  Some of the best drives I've ever seen him throw.  He damn near made an eagle on #18.  His second throw, from about 210 feet out hit the chains!

Eight birdies were made today:  Steve(3), Darden(2), Keith(1), Lif(1) and Chris(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.
 

Lif starts us off

Steve's approach on #2


Denizen of the course



Chris with an easy birdie on #3


Keith on the #5 fairway


DD birdie on #8



Lif's anguish after his birdie attempt goes thru the chains!

 

Keith's birdie attempt on #13



Steve with a tap in birdie on #13





Steve's second throw on #18.  Hits chains.

Lif with style points

Steve finishes with a birdie

Official Scorecard


1 comment: