Sunday, September 29, 2019

Zilker Park - Been a long time...

It's been a long time since we've played Zilker park, so today we decided to play it twice.  ACL is starting next weekend so we thought we might as well play it now before it is closed for the next month.  Today's players were:  Steve, Bob, Keith, Lif, Allen (Lif's friend) and Heady.  Temperatures were in the 80's, humidity was in the 90's.  The skies were mostly cloudy (we did get a very quick shower), the winds were dead calm until the back nine when they picked up considerably.  Surprisingly, there weren't that many other players on the course.

I played very well this week, the week off must have been good for me.  I had a few good drives, my flicks were really flying well on the first round.  My approach shots were close enough and my putts were dropping.  The second round I started getting a little tired and my strength and accuracy diminished.

Lots of birdies today, we had 16 in the first round and seven in the second round.  No discs lost but Allen found one on #5.

Bob starts us off!

Keith admiring his drive

Lif driving on #6

Steve with a drive past the basket on #8

Walking the fairway

Lif with extra style points on #9

Wassup!!

Keith putting on #9

Heady's approach on #10

Bob with a fine drive on #11

Steve with a birdie on #12

Keith with total concentration

Allen driving on #17

Lif completes the all-star par on #18

Bob's Scorecard First Round

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve compiled by Rob


 Second Round


Taking our time on the second round

Steve with a tunnel shot

I had a real nice flick on this hole

Keith putting on 5

This is one disc we could not get to


No comments:

Post a Comment