Sunday, January 27, 2019

Wells Branch - Early Start

We had an 8:30 start at Wells Branch to avoid conflicting with their weekly tournament.  I'm glad we did, because when we finished the course was packed.  Today's players were:  Bob, Dave, Keith and Heady.  Lif and Steve were out of town.  It was cloudy when we started and temperatures were in the upper 40's.   The sun came out after a few holes and it warmed up nicely.  There was no wind.  Course conditions were very muddy because of the rains yesterday. 

We all played well today.  Keith got off to a disaster start but recovered nicely with a string of five consecutive birdies.  I missed two birdie putts off the chains, I really thought I had made those.  I made a birdie putt that I thought was going to be way short.   Things work out that way....

A total of 15 birdies were made:  Keith(6),  Bob(5), Dave(3) and I only made one.  No discs found, no discs lost.  I almost lost my Tern when I flicked it over the fence.  Luckily the gate was unlocked and I had to trespass to recover it.

Keith starts us off!

Trishe gave us all some wool caps!

My practice drive went a little wide

Keith recovering his drive on #2

Turned out to be a nice day

Me flicking on #8

Keith with a birdie on #8

Crossing that bridge

All of our drives went in the creek on #9

Heady putting on #9

Keith driving on #12

Heady driving on #13

Dave with an easy birdie on #13

Heady putting for birdie.  Bounced out!

Busted apartment windows.  The group ahead of his hit the building

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Rob.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment