Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Westside Park - Marble Falls

I've been on vacation this week and the weather was nice, so I decided to drive to Marble Falls and play the Westside Park DGC.  I really like this course, a nice combination of technical shots and long bombs.  Temperatures were in the middle 80's, partly cloudy skies and lots of mosquitoes from the recent rains.   The creek that passes through the course was running high.  I had to remove my shoes to cross the creek on #6.  I did not play hole #17 because there was no place to cross.  So I played the first hole a second time.

Overall a good relaxing round, I made two birdies and just missed two more.  I had a couple of disaster holes on #9 and #15 but ended up just three over for the day.  I pretty much had the course to myself.  I did run into a couple of regulars when I was trying to cross the creek on #6.  They said there was a bridge but it was washed out from the rains.  No discs lost but I did find two.


First basket
My drive on #3.  I could not see the water when I threw

Rather intimidating.  My drive sucked.  Did not want to risk a mulligan!

Looking for a way across

The #8 basket

I threw a mulligan on #11.  Bad idea.  Stuck in the trees.

I paid the price getting thru the green briar.

Not much of a fairway on #12

Self portrait

This is usually dry.  I threw one of my found discs

I could not cross the creek to #17

Official Scorecard

No comments:

Post a Comment