Sunday, October 1, 2017

Morgan Sports Complex - Destin Florida

I was on vacation last week in Destin, Florida.  While I was there I tried to play a round at the Morgan Sports Complex.  This was the only course in town and although I could only play the first four holes, they were four unique holes. 

This course is located in a mixed use facility, with most of the holes wedged in between baseball/soccer field.  This is a good course for beginners, all of the holes are par 3 and range in distance from 145' to 345'.  Whoever designed this course did not know much about disc golf. 

When I arrived at the park a full blown soccer tournament was going on.  I managed to talk my way out of paying the five dollars for parking because I told them I only wanted to check out the disc golf course.  I could only play the first four holes because they are located in the sand dunes away from the sports fields. 

I've got to admit, it was kind of cool playing in sand dunes.  I only wish the holes were a little more challenging.  Only the second hole, at 244 feet was a legitimate disc golf hole (barely).  The rest were straight short ace runs.   If the course designers could have put more of the holes in the dunes and  made the holes longer then I could give this course a higher rating.











No comments:

Post a Comment