Sunday, January 15, 2017

Brushy Creek (aka Cat Hollow) - Dreary Day

It was a gloomy day for disc golf at the Brush Creek course in Round Rock.  This is a fun and technical neighborhood course that I never seem to do well on.  The weather this morning was foggy and drizzly with temperatures were in the 50's.  At least it wasn't windy.  Today's players were:  Steve, Lif, Keith and Heady.  Course conditions were good and there were quite a few other groups playing the course today.

I thought I played about average today, I actually thought I scored worse than I did.  I started off slow with only one par on the first five holes but I picked it up after that.  My drives were not that great today but my approach shots with 'Nick Mata' were right on the basket.  I did miss one putt that I should have made.  Lif was cursed with his putting today.  At least three times his disc hit the chains solidly only to fall from the basket.

I'm surprised that only two birdies were made today:  Steve(1) and Lif(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.

Steve starts us off

Lif with the first of his cursed putts

Keith from the trees

Steve with a long attempt

Steve on the 10th fairway.  Very nice approach

Dreary Day

Steve with a great drive

Lif driving on #12.  We all had good drives on this hole.

Comrade Keith with a very straight drive on #13

Steve with a birdie on #13

Steve with a birdie attempt

Lif putting with style points.  Roscoe is not impressed

Steve with a nice par on tough hole

Lif with his approach on #18

Steve trying for a birdie on #18

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

1 comment: