Sunday, December 11, 2016

North Town - Pflugerville

We had to cancel last week because of bad weather.  This week we played over in Pflugerville at the North Town Disc Golf Course.  Weather conditions were only slightly improved. When we started the temperatures were in the 50's and there was fog and mist.  Later in the round, the weather improved a little but then the wind kicked up.   Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Dave, Bob, Lif, Steve (Lif's friend) and myself.  Course conditions were fair, a little soggy.  A few other groups were on the course today.

I could not get it going today. I don't know if it was the rust of not playing for two weeks or the damp weather and long sleeves.  I was launching my drives, my approach shots were wild and I missed a couple of putts.  I had as many pars as I did birdies.  Not one of my better days.  Steve Combs had the shot of the day, a birdie from about 90 feet out on hole 16.

A total of  11 birdies were made today:  Combs(4), Heady(2), Steve(2), Lif(1), Keith(1) and Dave(1).  No discs found but two discs lost by Bob and Rob on #12.  Bob took all the really good pictures below.

Bob starts us off!  Onward thru the fog!

Keith with a par on #2

Keith's second shot went a little long on #4

Steve driving, Bob clowning

Bob driving on #8

Heady with one of few decent drives.

Lif with some style points

Keith with a par putt on #8

Me with a birdie on #8

Steve's drive on #10

Steve with a roller drive

Lif retrieves his disc from the swiftly flowing water

Heady with a rare par

Keith throws it in

Roscoe the therapy dog.  Here to help when you feel down.

Combs on the #11 fairway

Walking to #12

Steve driving across the pond

Steve driving on #13

Me getting my disc back. 

Combs with a little body English

Lif's approach on #14

Big Dave lets it fly

Lif driving, me clowning

Steve with an eagle attempt on #18

There will be blood.  Lif lost a fight with some green briar.

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Combs.  Compiled by Heady.

No comments:

Post a Comment