Sunday, July 17, 2016

MetCenter

Today we played the MetCener DGC in southeast Travis County.  Today's players were:  Steve, Brian, Dave and myself.  Temperatures were in the middle 80's, partly cloudy skies and an occasional breeze.  Course conditions were good, a little sloppy in some places but this course is always a little wet.  We started at 8:00 to beat the heat and only a couple other groups were on the course today.  The crazy ants were back and they covered anything that was on the ground.  Fortunately they did not bite.  A flock of parrots greeted us on hole #11.

I played well today, I missed a few putts but I made a few also.  My drives have been going long and straight lately.  I made par on the long par 5 number 10.  I can't remember the last time I made par on that hole.

Only three birdies were made today, all by Steve.  No discs lost but two discs found, by Steve, of course.
Brian driving on #2

The sandbox was full of water.  Steve found a disc in it

Dave getting his disc back on #3

Steve getting Dave's disc on #4

Brian with a nice approach on #4

Steve driving on #8

Dave driving on #9

Steve's drive went a little off on #9.  He found another disc though

Steve putting on #9

Steve in the rough on #11

Great Blue Heron on #13

Brian putting from the pond

Steve with a nice (lucky) drive on #16.  He made birdie.

Dave driving on #16

Dave's approach on #17

Walking the #18 fairway

Steve finishing up on #18

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment