Monday, January 19, 2015

Williamson County DGC

We've had terrible disc golf weather in Austin for the past two weeks, today we caught a break and played up north at Wilco.  The weather was perfect today, sunny skies, no wind and temperatures in the sixties.  Today's players were:  Steve, Dave, Keith, Brian, Lif, Bob and Rob.  Course conditions were good, it was not muddy but there was a lot of litter.  There were other players on the course but I would not call it crowded.

We were all a bit rusty today and it took a few holes to get back on track.  We all hit a few trees on the first three holes.  I was satisfied with my play today.  The pain in my shoulder and forearm was not bothering me very much.  I had some good approach shots and made all of the putts that I should have made.  I had nice string of five pars on the front nine.  My drives were not as long and some went into the rough.

A total of four birdies were made today, three on the same hole:  Steve(1), Keith(1), Lif(1) and Rob(1).  No discs lost.  One disc found by Bob on #9, a real nice Buzz!

Thanks to Bob for taking most of the photographs today.

Waiting to start

Lif starts us off

Didn't get the distance on that one!

Dave putting on #2.  Lif watches

Lif gets a good drive on #4

I was able to thread the needle on #4

Brian with a creative shot

Keith's been working on his putting

Unique view of Steve's drive

Walking up the fairway

Me putting for par on #6

Dave driving on #7

Lif driving on #8

Dave coming at you

Brian with a nice follow thru

Walking to #9

Steve closes his eyes and flings it.

Lif driving on #9

Rob with a hyzer into the rough

Brian reaching back

Keith's disc followed mine

Keith and I looking for our disc amongst the cacti

Finally got a picture of Bob.

Dave with a nice drive on #11

Brian with long birdie attempt

Rob with his birdie putt

Keith with an approach

Bob with a setup

Steve on the #15 fairway

Bob on the fairway

The Buzz that Bob found

Rob prepares to throw on #17

Bob's second shot on #17

Keith putting on #18

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve, compiled by the Bob Accounting Firm, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment