Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Circle C - Thanksgiving

A small group played a Thanksgiving Eve round at Circle C.  The players were:  Lif, Dave, Bob and myself.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.  Warm sunshine, temperatures in the 70's and no wind.  Course conditions were good, maybe a little muddy.  We had some big rains last weekend and the creek was flowing strong.  We had to take the high road between holes 12 and 13 to avoid the water.  There were lots of people playing today and we let several people play through.

I had a pretty good day today.  I was satisfied with my drives.  I had several that had some pretty good distance.  After a slow start my putts started to fall.  I made par on #5 which is something I have rarely done.  My setup game was a little bit off or I could have knocked off about another four strokes.  About halfway through the round I strained tendons in my forearm.  Backhand drives became very painful to throw so I switched to the flick.  I was surprised to get some really good distance flicking my Mamba.  On hole 12 I threw it well past the tree.

Dave had back to back birdies on holes 3 and 4.  We both almost had one on #2.  Dave also had a couple of really long putts fall in to save par.  Dave made par on #18 which I don't think he has ever done before.  A total of three birdies were made:  Dave(2) and Rob(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.

Rob flicking around the corner on #2

Dave with his birdie on #3

Rob driving into the trees again on this hole!

Lif with a level release

Bob reaching back

Dave's birdie dropping in

Rob saves par on #4

Dave with an approach on #5

Dave drills his putt

Lif putting with style points

Dave putting for par

Bob with a nice throw around the trees

Lif with a long putt attempt

The sun reflecting off Dave's disc

Bob goes wading

Bob with a setup shot on #18 from the creek

Official scorecard, recorded by Lif, compiled by the Bob Accounting Firm

No comments:

Post a Comment