Monday, July 14, 2014

Williamson County DGC - Hot Day!

We played up north today at the recently modified Williamson County DGC.  They changed the hole order and now what was the second hole is now the first.  The first hole is now the eighteenth, all other holes changed accordingly.  This course is very clean and well maintained.  It is worth the one dollar admission to play.  Today was a hot day, the first 100 degree day this summer in Austin.  Skies were sunny and only a slight wind that provided little relief.  I think the heat kept the crowds away, the course was not crowded at all.  Only one large group ahead of us and a few other groups of two's and three's.

Today's group consisted of Dave, Bob, Steve, Keith and me.  Dave's brother, John, joined us on the third hole.  I started out very well with a birdie on the first hole, after that I played about average for me.  I missed several putts that I should have made.

A total of three birdies were made today:  Steve(2), Heady(1).  No discs found, one disc lost, my pink tie-dye Orion Millennium that I use for flicking.  We searched for about 15 minutes and determined it must have flown into another dimension.

New Course Layout Sign

Dave starts us off!

Bob driving on #1

Me with birdie

Walking to #3, John joined us.

Steve coming at you!

Dave with a laser

John on the #3 fairway

Heady with a long putt

Bob risks his life for these pictures

Heady letting it fly

Incoming! Steve's putter

Keith getting around the corner

Steve putting

Keith driving on #9

Gumby's jump putt

Dave with an approach

Bob grip it and rip it!

Keith on the fairway

Bob putting on #13, I jinxed him, sorry.

Keith driving on #15

The McGrath brothers

John tearing up the fairway

Blob on the fairway

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve, compiled by Bob


Blob with special effects

No comments:

Post a Comment