Sunday, February 9, 2014

Austin Ridge Bible Church

We played the Austin Ridge Bible Church today and we were blessed with gorgeous weather.  Temperatures in the mid-seventies, sunshine and light breezes.  Today group consisted of Steve, Keith, Bob, Lif, Dave, Mike Burko and myself.  Keith had to bail out halfway through for a prior engagement.

I had a pretty good day today, not a great day.  But better than I have been playing lately.  I had two good omens happen to me before we started playing this morning.  While driving to course, a flying bird dropped a large poop on my front windshield. What are the odds?  After I parked, I found right next to my car a penny, heads up, 1944 wheat cent.  Haven't found one of those in months.

I was pleased for the most part with my drives, approach shots and putting.  I made some bad throws and I  hit a few trees, but I was able to recover from these mistakes.  I was getting some good distance with my drives and they were pretty straight.  I missed a putt I could have made, but I also made a putt I should have missed.  So things worked out.

Four birdies made today:  Lif (2), Big Dave (1) and Burko (1).  One disc found by Dave on #7, something white.  No discs lost.
Hanging out in the parking lot.

Rob starts us off on #1

Steve on #1

Keith fishing his disc out on #1

Bob preparing to cross the canyon.  We all made it today!

Keith putting for par on #2

Lif driving on #3

Bob putting on #3

Big Dave grip it and rip it.

Heady driving on #5 while Steve and Mike watch.

Steve trying to thread the needle

Snack time.  Snickers and Girl Scout cookies

Me driving on #10 with a sugar rush

Bob on the #10 fairway

Had a little accident on Bonus A.  Stepped on my shoelace and took a tumble.  We all laughed.

Burko with a tomahawk on Bonus A.

Steve tries the tomahawk approach

Keith going for the basket.

Me driving on Bonus Hole B




Enjoying the view

Walking the fairway on #13

Dave driving with intensity on #14

Bob with style

Burko reaching back

Bob in B&W

Lif with style

Steve trying for birdie

Me driving on #16

Dave on #16

Big Dave taking a little break.

Bob driving on #17

Official Scorecard, collected by Dave, compiled by the Bob Accounting Firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment