Saturday, November 16, 2013

McClain Park

Steve and I had a couple of Macho Tacos this morning then drove down to San Antonio to play a course Steve discovered a few weeks ago, Bryan McClain Park.  It only took about 45 minutes to get there from Steve's house in Manchaca. That is about how long it takes for me to get to Wilco from my house.  The weather was warm and breezy, skies were mostly cloudy.  The course was not very crowded.

I really liked this course.  The front nine have some very scenic and challenging holes, lots of elevation changes and trees.  The back nine had a different personality to it, much flatter and a little more open.  This is more of a tight technical shot course as opposed to a wide open distance course.  Most of the holes are short par threes with lots of trees.  There are a couple of par 4's on the back nine.  Hole number 5 is the signature hole on the course with a the basket on top of an 25 foot cliff.

I did not play as good as I could have today.  Missed a few putts and my flick was not working.  Some of that I blame on the wind.  We played the front nine a second time and I did somewhat better the second time around.

It was a very clean course, there were trash cans by almost every tee box.  Nice concrete tee pads, places to sit and decent signage.  Overall, one of the most enjoyable courses that I have played.  Definitely worth the drive!

Bryan McClain Park



Steve on the first tee.

Second Tee

Hole #5 Long Tee

Hole #5 Short Tee

Hole #5



Hole #6

Hole #7


The name of this hole is "Thread the Needle".  I did. Right down the middle.


Threw my drive past the basket.

Steve on #18


Scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment