Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lincoln Ridge Park in Independence Kentucky

I've been in Northern Kentucky this week for my company's annual conference.  Today I played the course at Lincoln Ridge Park in Independence Kentucky.  I've read good things about it on the Disc Golf Review http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=730 and was excited to play it.  A thunderstorm came almost dashed my chances, but it blew through around 7:00 and we still had enough daylight to play 16 holes of the 24 holes.  I played with my coworker, Erick, from our Kentucky office.  This was his first time to play and he did not do too bad.  It took him a few holes, but he caught on pretty quick.  I brought three discs that I normally don't use and let Erick use a light Leopard disc.  I used my old red Wraith.

The course starts out very unassuming, a nice wide open, downhill shot on the first tee.  I nailed a beautiful drive and had a shot at an eagle but settled for a birdie.  I made birdie on the first three holes and thought that maybe this course was too easy.  Then we got into the thick woods.  The holes got much more challenging with tight fairways, rugged terrain and steep elevation changes.  We spent a fair amount of time looking for our discs in the woods.

I really liked this course, I wish I could have played it in the morning and maybe a different time of year when the brush was not so thick.  The rain had the course slick and muddy and we were fortunate to not to slip.  The course was laid out very well, nice signage, benches on every tee and the tee boxes were very nice concrete pads.  A very clean course, I did not see very much trash at all.  The only drawback was that the baskets were hard to see on some holes, they lacked the numbered, yellow rims that I am used to.  Overall an excellent course.  I would love to play it again all the way through.


Me by the first basket

Erick with a nice drive

Rob, grip it and rip it!

Me trying to avoid the creek

Erick driving

1 comment:

  1. Was a fun time. Glad we got to go and the rain held off.. thanks again for the disc. I'll def be going again some time. -Erock

    ReplyDelete