Sunday, December 12, 2021

Searight Park - South Austin

 I have not played Searight in years, it is usually very crowded and this morning was no exception.  Today's players were:  Steve, Lif, Keith and Heady.   It was a chilly start with temperatures in the 30's.  I wore jeans for the first time since last winter.  The sun was shining and there was no wind, so it didn't really feel that cold.  The dry air allowed the temperatures rise quickly.   Course conditions were good, still too many trees.  The ground was very dry and hard, allowing for some good skips.

I played about average, some good drives and some bad drive.  A lack of concentration cost me a couple of strokes and I had a couple of disaster holes.  My flick was working today.  I had a very good drive on #7.   Flicked it down the middle, between the trees on either side of the fairway and the disc skipped up just short of the basket.  My only birdie of the day.

Only three birdies made today:  Steve(2) and Heady(1).  No discs lost and no discs found.


Steve driving on #2

Lif was making his line drive putts


Steve with a birdie on #7

Steve with a follow thru


Keith is agonizing over this putt

Tribute to Dash, a fine dog.

Steve on #15

Keith with an easy par

Lif with a good approach on #18

Steve putting from the trees


Official Scorecard

 




No comments:

Post a Comment