Sunday, December 6, 2020

Circle C - Cool December Day

After last week's humbling round we decided to play Circle C to get our confidence back.  Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Lif, Dave, Bob and Heady.  Temperatures were in the 40's when we started, full sunshine and the wind was blowing just hard enough to be a nuisance.  Course conditions were good and dry.  There were many other small groups on the course.

I played about my average for this course. Overall I was pleased with my drives, I missed a stupid easy putt on #2 but made up for it by almost getting an ace on #3.  I let loose a pretty good straight drive that bounced off the front of the basket.  I made several other putts that were outside my comfort range and I had some stupid fairway throws.  Bob was playing with considerable pain in his lower back and requested we did not record his score.  Despite the pain, he managed some very impressive throws and made two birdies.  Keith was bit by the putting bug.  He probably lost six strokes, missing putts that he usually makes easily.

 Six birdies were made today:  Rob(2), Keith(1), Dave(1) and Bob(2).  No discs lost, one found on #18 in the rough.


 Steve starts us off


Dave drains a birdie on #2

Bob going for birdie on #3


Dr. Lif gives Keith's disc a digital examination


Incoming on #7


Keith driving on #11


I saved par on #11

Keith didn't

Steve's approach on #12


Break time

My approach on #14 went wide.  I saved par.







Strolling to #17

Keith lets it fly on #17

Lif showing good form

Steve with a power drive

Let the big dog eat

Steve from the top of tunnel on #18

Storming the basket on #18

Official Scorecard


3 comments:

  1. I'll fix it when I get home. Probably Steve's handwriting

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful thing to see Heady's drive on number 3. It was aerial excitement at it's best. Catching the line, brushing off a branch and hitting within an inch or two of an ace. That hole gets harder all the time as they let those trees grow out, crowding out the path the basket. Very nice shot.

    ReplyDelete