Sunday, July 12, 2020

Austin Ridge Bible Church - Another Hot One!

Course choices were limited again this week because many course are still closed due to Covid-19.   But the Austin Ridge Bible Church was still open!   Today's players were:  Steve, Dave, Chris, Bob, Lif, Keith and Heady.  Temperatures were in the low 80's when we started and in the mid 90's when we finished.  Skies were clear and sunny and hardly any wind.  Course conditions were dry and dusty, a little overgrown in some places.  There was a good number of other players on the course.

I overslept this morning, waking up ten minutes before we were supposed to tee off.  I grabbed my gear and my beer and was able to catch the group when they were just finishing the first hole.  I got off to a slow start with some horrible throws.  I settled down and had a decent back nine, would have been better if I had not blown five putts.   Steve a very good back nine and had round, he likes the Church!

A total of seven birdies were made:  Chris(2), Dave(2),  Heady(2) and Keith(1).  No discs lost, Bob almost lost his drive in the pond on #18.  One disc found and returned.


Disaster hole for me

Put the past behind me

On the #5 tee box

Bob going for it on #6

My birdie on #6.  Had it all the way!


Bob's approach on #12


Walking to #15.  Holes 13-14 are still closed

Lif flicking on #15

Down the Middle Dave we call him




Keith retrieve his disc from the muck on #17

Bob getting his drive on #18

Bob just missed his birdie

Gatorade break

Steve gone fishing


Nice form Keith




Dave from the creek

Missing another easy putt.

Official Scorecard

2 comments:

  1. That course is brutal in the afternoon! lots of elevation changes, good job ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a review you posted about Apache shores. I am interested in playing it as I live in Steiner Ranch and the closest course to me is Brushy Creek one direction (hardest 9 holes ever) or Austin Bible Ridge (Also no joke as you have seen). Do you know a local for the Apache shores course? Looking for a tour guide to locate holes. Feel free to email me allgood288@gmail.com -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete