Monday, November 25, 2019

Roy G. Guerrero - Who's idea was this?

We haven't played the Roy G. Guerrero DGC in a while, so I suggested that we play it this week.  Not one of my better suggestions, this is a vastly different course after the wide open spaces of Moody's last week!   Today's players were:  Steve, Keith, Bob, Dave and Heady.  Lif is on the injured reserve but he walked the first nine holes to get some exercise.  Glad to see Roscoe again.  We started on hole #2 to avoid climbing down the cliff of doom to get to the first hole.

Temperatures were cool when we started, in the upper 40's.  We had sunny skies and hardly any wind.  There were lots of other players on the course (and some deer and a coyote).   Course conditions were good, with the recent freeze killing off some of the rough.

I started out pretty well but quickly soured after that.  I had trouble controlling my drives and I missed around five putts.  I did so well the day before when I practiced at Circle C.  We all hit our share of trees.  Keith had a pretty good game with bonafide chances for par on #5 and #14.

No birdies were made today.  No discs lost and no discs found.

Bob starts us off!

Roscoe the therapy dog!

Keith with a long par putt on #2

I started off good with a par!


Steve putting on #6 with Roscoe looking on

Steve with a long drive on #7









Walking to #16

Bob putting on #17



Starting the long walk to #1

It was a longer walk than we thought

Dave on the #1 fairway

Keith finishes it up!

Bob's Scorecard

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment